The Dharma Gate Buddhist College, which opened in Budapest in 1991, is a state-recognised denominational tertiary education institution in Hungary. It is funded by the Dharma Gate Buddhist Church, which aims to give access to the Buddhist tradition within Hungary. The College offers BA programmes in Buddhist Studies and related specialisations and students graduate as Buddhist Religious Teachers.
The last accreditation cycle of the College concluded with Accreditation Decision No. 2014/8/IX/6 issued by the Hungarian Accreditation Committee. The launch of the BA programmes on Buddhist Studies were accredited by Decisions No. 2005/10/VII/2/15 respectively.
The objective of the BA programme in Buddhist studies is to educate qualified experts who are proficient in various fields of Buddhist theology and their specific approaches, and who have a basic knowledge of:
– the historical antecedents of and background to the evolution of Buddhism;
– the life and teachings of Shakyamuni Buddha, who laid down the foundations of Buddhist thought;
– the process of the spread of Buddhism;
– the evolution and systems of thought of the major schools of Buddhist philosophy;
– general Buddhist practices in terms of conduct and meditation for laypeople;
– the scriptures and related commentaries of Buddhism;
– the balancing and reforming effects of traditional Buddhist teachings on the modern way of thinking.
The Bachelor degree requires gaining 180 credits. The length of the programme is 6 semesters.
Jelentkezés az október végi elvonulásra (2021)
A Tan Kapuja Buddhista Főiskola pályázatot hirdet hallgatók számára Erasmus+ tanulmányi mobilitási programban való részvételre a 2021/2022-es tanév tavaszi félévére. A mobilitás megvalósulásának ideje: 2022.
A Tan Kapuja Buddhista Főiskola pályázatot hirdet hallgatók számára Erasmus+ szakmai gyakorlat mobilitási programban való részvételre 2021/2022. tanév tavaszi félévére és 2022 nyarára. A mobilitás